Admission to Gracewood
When a mother reaches out to Gracewood and applies for residence, we carefully review the application to see if she and her family might be a good match for our program. Gracewood is not an emergency shelter, so it often takes several weeks, or even several months, for even one room to become available and a family admitted.
If the Gracewood program is not the right match for the mother or family, or if the mother is not interested in participating in the full scope of services that Gracewood has to offer, then we will be happy to offer referral information for other community resources.
If it appears that a mom will be a good match for the Gracewood program and is interested in participating in all of the supportive services that we have to offer, we will invite her for a tour of the campus and begin the thorough interview process. Once a mom expresses commitment to the program and space is available within one of our cottages, we establish a plan with measurable goals to guide our time working together and set up a date for the family to move in.
To refer yourself or someone else to Gracewood for residence, or for more information or referrals, please email us or call 713-988-9757.
- At least 18 years old
- At least 1 child under age 18 in full-time custody
- No current open CPS cases
- Not pregnant
- No current drug use and at least 12 months sobriety from illegal substances
- No criminal history
- Must be able to work or go to school
Please click on the link below to access the Gracewood Application and then follow the following easy steps:
- After you complete the Application, click on the link at the top that says "Save A Copy."
- Save a copy of your completed application to your desktop or to any convenient place on your computer.
- Email the completed form as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may also "Print a Copy" and fax it to 713-988-3657 or mail it to 1617 Elmview, Houston TX 77080-7222.
If you have any questions about the application, please call 713-988-9757.